Friday, November 21, 2014

DIY Lip Scrub!

Greetings Fellow Oilers!
I haven't done a DIY in a while so I thought I would share what I recently did using essential oils. 
My lips were very cracked, peely and  not pretty at all, which was due to the colder weather and change of season. So I did some research and found this great lip scrub recipe! 
What's fun is you can personalize it..... I used coconut sugar instead of regular sugar, just because I thought it would be a nice combination with the coconut oil. Because of its coarseness it really makes a nice scrub.:D And that is just my own example, you can add different EO's and such to make it your own personal Lip Scrub! 
 My lips truly feel so much different and softer and I haven't even been using this scrub a week! 

Let me know if you try it and if so what personal changes you make to it and how your lips like it.:)

DIY lip scrub via sarahdigrazia.com


Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon organic raw coconut oil 
  • 3 teaspoons organic coarse sugar (I used coconut sugar)
  • 1 teaspoon honey (if vegan, agave would work well here as well)
  • 5 drops essential oil*
*I used spearmint, so refreshing and a great smell for the holidays. I think orange would be wonderful as well. 
How to:
Combine all ingredients (you may need to melt the coconut oil on the stove top or in the microwave) and place in a storage container of your choosing. The jar I used was actually a jam jar that I cleaned out and repurposed. I put it in the fridge for a couple hours to harden up and then I took it out and now keep it in my bathroom cupboards; where it is a creamy scrub. I use wooden Popsicle sticks to apply it which I found at Hobby Lobby!



Hope you and yours have a blessed Thanksgiving!

~Hannah



Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.  For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. Psalm 95:2-3




No comments:

Post a Comment