Tuesday, September 9, 2014

"Life Saving Oil Stories" from our weekend vacation!

Well we are back from vacation! We had such a lovely time, it was one of the most relaxing and productive vacation we have had in a long time. It was so nice to get away from internet, blogging, social media, school, chores, ordinary life and just time to reflect on God's grace and mercy to us.:)
Ok, so back to oils! Well they basically saved my life.....

One of our dear friends started losing her voice from all the dust and altitude change of the camp, she also had some jet lag. She didn't believe in essential oils either so I did my best to prove her wrong.:) I made her some fantastic tea. I added some R.C, Raven, Lemon and Purification along with some honey with one of our favorite tea blends! I didn't get to try it but from her face it was clear it wasn't as pleasing to her taste buds as I thought it would be, but in the morning her voice was much better and she never lost it again!!!

I personally enjoy volleyball and hiking but I am not naturally athletic or good at it, but I am a pretty determined person and rarely give up or in.:) So I managed to bruise my finger and majorly scrape my arm. I was trying to climb up a big rock/boulder, so as soon as I got home I applied lavender to the bruise. Then to the scrape I applied Clara Derm and Animal Scents Ointment. Both of them healed beautifully and stopped the pain.

Our final vacation day was full of hiking and lake activities. So I decided to go on the longer hike for the first time which I was super excited about and so I made sure to pack lots of essential oils. I took Peppermint, Lavender and Geranium. As well as some bug spray and sunscreen. 
We used sunscreen right from the start. Then one of our dear friends is a diabetic and she was a having some blood sugar trouble on that day. So her ankles were swelling and she quickly went up to another shoe size within 30 minutes.On our breaks during the hike I applied Peppermint to her ankles 3 times. By the time we were getting ready to head back her foot had already reduced in size and the pain was almost gone. Praise God!

As I mentioned in a previous post I made some Thieves Hand Sanitizer for the trip. The last three days of the trip we lost all the water supply for our toilets and shower and had only about 4 bathrooms for the whole camp(around 150) so we ran out of soap and sanitation very quickly.:) So I used the hand cleaner practically every day and defiantly more then once!

This by all means are not all the life saving stories but defiantly the major highlights.:)
I hope to have encouraged you to use your oils more often and in every life situations!

Blessing on your day,
~Hannah




No comments:

Post a Comment